Jack DeJohnette Celebrates AACM 50th Anniversary With New Music This Week In The Jazz 88 Music Library
Legendary Jazz Drummer Jack DeJohnette adds his touch to the 50th Anniversary Celebration of the founding of the Association for the Advancement of Creative Musicians (AACM) with his new Jazz release "Made In Chicago", just one of the great New Releases to San Diego's Jazz 88.3 Music Library the week of March 16, 2015.
You can check out their debut each week on The New Jazz Thing with Vince Outlaw, Monday evenings 6-8pm PT
and then your favorite Jazz 88.3 Hosts will be adding them to their playlists for YOU to enjoy and learn! But first...
- JOEY CALDERAZZO – “GOING HOME”
- ROYCE CAMPBELL – “ROMANCING THE TONE”
- AVISHAI COHEN TRIO – “FROM DARKNESS”
- TOM COLLIER – “ALONE IN THE STUDIO”
- JACK DeJOHNETTE – “MADE IN CHICAGO”
- “AKUA DIXON”
- MARK EGAN – “DIRECTION HOME”
- STEVEN HOBERT – “OCEAN EYES”
- ELLEN LaFURN – “C’EST LA-FURN”
- DONNA LEWIS – “BRAND NEW DAY”
- NILSON MATTA – “EAST SIDE RIO DRIVE”
- SARAH PARTRIDGE – “I NEVER THOUGHT I’D BE HERE”
- ERROL RACKIPOV GROUP – “PICTURES FROM A TRAIN WINDOW”
- JEREMY UDDEN / NICOLAS MOREAUX – “BELLEVILLE PROJECT”
- UNHINGED SEXTET – “CLARITY”
- MICHAEL WALDROP BIG BAND – “TIME WITHIN ITSELF”
READ THE FULL ARTICLE for links to artist websites, social media, reviews and read Jazz 88.3 Music Director Joe Kocherhans additional annotations on the releases....
- Joe: Pianist, leading a trio, performing straight-ahead originals and standards. Branford Marsalis plays on one track.
- Social: Facebook
- Joe: Guitarist, leading a quartet, performing Brazilian tunes and originals.
- Joe: The bassist [not the trumpeter], leading a trio doing straight-ahead originals.
TOM COLLIER – “ALONE IN THE STUDIO”
- Joe: Vibes player, branching out and playing all instruments, doing straight-ahead originals, jazz tunes and stndards.
- Joe: Drummer, together with four veterans of the Chicago-based Association for the Advancement of Creative Musicians (AACM) for an all-progressive live recorded set.
- Joe: Cellist, in a string heavy session, doing standards and jazz tunes.
MARK EGAN – “DIRECTION HOME”
- Joe: Known mostly for his contemporary work, the bassist leads a trio in a collection of straight-ahead originals.
- Joe: Pianist/vocalist, in an eclectic mix of orignals.
- Joe: Female vocalist, performing mostly the Great American Songbook.
- Joe: Female vocalist, performing an interesting mix of tunes and concepts.
- Joe: Bassist, leading a Brazilian-based session of straight-ahead grooves.
SARAH PARTRIDGE – “I NEVER THOUGHT I’D BE HERE”
- Joe: Female vocalist, performing all her own straight-ahead originals.
- Joe: Multi-instrumentalist, with some compositions marked by creative instrumentation.
- Joe: Straight-ahead grooves, all compositions written by band members.
MICHAEL WALDROP BIG BAND – “TIME WITHIN ITSELF”
- Joe: All original big band compositions.
Pat Launer's Center Stage
Support Jazz 88.3
while you shop at
Listen to Jazz 88.3 with our FREE
Copyright © 2021 KSDS
KSDS Jazz 88.3 is part of the San Diego City College District
and donations are tax-deductible.
is a service of NetChain Communications, Inc.
KSDS Public Inspection File