This Is The New Jazz Thing Monday May 19 2014 - Euphoria Brass Band Eric Reed
|LISTEN LIVE Monday, May 19, 2014, 6-8 PM PT @Jazz88 San Diego's Jazz 88.3 FM, Jazz88.org, and Apple/Android Apps to The New Jazz Thing @Jazz88 with Vince Outlaw...Supported by Listener Contributors like YOU and...YOUR BUSINESS (learn more about underwriting The New Jazz Thing!). |
- BE PART OF THE SHOW! Follow TNJT on Twitter, LikeThe New Jazz Thing on Facebook, and share something about The New @Jazz88 with the #TNJT or #Jazz88 hashtags! We may even be able to mention your name and comment during the Live show and you'll be part of the Jazz 88 Speakeasy Archive!
Tonight on the show...
- Jazz 88 Speakeasy (On-demand, Click to Play): The New Jazz Thing (Entire Show), Monday, May 19, 2014 (1:59:56)
- Jazz 88 Speakeasy: Eric Reed "The Adventurous Monk" Interview, Monday, May 19, 2014 (14:44)
- 6:50-7:10 PM PT Pianist Eric Reed's new release "The Adventurous Monk" is his third Thelonious-related release in 3 years and dedicated to the recently departed Cedar Walton. He brings some new twists and approaches to the familar and not-so familiar of Monks repertoire and will be chatting with us about all of that in TNJT Hour 1!
- Jazz 88 Speakeasy: Euphoria Brass Band "EBB & Flow" Interview, Monday, May 19, 2014 (25:14)
- 7:20-40 PM PT San Diego's own Euphoria Brass Band celebrates the release of their new disc of all original music, "EBB & Flow", with a party at Seven Grand on Friday, May 23, 2014. We'll have members of the band Live in studio to chat and even play a tune or two of The New!
- 2014.5.19 Adds To The Jazz 88 Music Library: Fantastic batch of New discs being added to the Jazz 88 Music Library the week of May 19, 2014, including JD Allen's "Bloom" (played on recent Jazz Live guest Lisa Hilton's "Kaleidoscope"), the latest from Grammy award winner Gordon Goodwin's Big Phat Band ("Life In The Bubble"), and Jazz Live Alum Louis Hayes release "Return of the Jazz Communicators".
- The New Jazz Giveaways! Listen for your chance to win BOBBY SELVAGGIO – “SHORT STORIES” and PAUL TYNAN / AARON LINGTON – “BICOASTAL COLLECTIVE: CHAPTER FOUR”, then Call 619-388-3162!
- Top 10 Countdown of the Jazzweek.com Jazz Album Chart May 19, 2014: No. 1 this week on the JazzWeek Jazz Chart and most reported (55 stations) is Eric Alexander Chicago Fire (HighNote). Most added (+18) is Abdullah Ibrahim Mukashi (Sunnyside). The biggest gainer (+95) and highest debut (No. 15) is JC Stylles Blakey Grease (American Showplace Music).
- Last week on The New Jazz Thing, Monday, May 12, 2014...
- Previously on The New Jazz Thing!
- Jazz 88 Speakeasy: Alan Broadbent "America The Beautiful" Interview, Monday, May 5, 2014 (22:55) Jazzweek #11
- Jazz 88 Speakeasy: Allison Adams Tucker "April In Paris" Interview, Monday, April 21, 2014 (19:54)
- Jazz 88 Speakeasy: Whitney Shay / Jamie Valle / Jodie Hill Julie London Tribute Preview and Performance, Monday, April 14, 2014 (10:30)
- Jazz 88 Speakeasy: Kendra Shank / John Stowell "New York Conversations" CD and Performance Preview, Monday, April 14, 2014 (20:53)
- Jazz 88 Speakeasy: Vincent Herring "The Uptown Shuffle" Interview, Monday February 10, 2014 (18:11) Jazzweek #28
- Coming Up on The New Jazz Thing Calendar (click to subscribe to TNJT Google Calendar)...
- Monday, May 27, 2014 -
- Anna Danes "Longing" and 5/30/14 CD Release Concert Interview. Local vocalist with her debut CD will be performing at Cedros Social Club in Solana Beach on Friday, May 30, 2014 with many of the musicians from the new disc.
- Robin Adler and Dave Blackburn "Joni Mitchell's Hejira" Performance Preview: On June 1st Robin Adler and her band Mutts of the Planet will be performing Joni Mitchell's Hejira album. They have a fantastic 9 piece band for this show including Grammy winning guitarist Jamie Kime from L.A. We are also flying in bassist Kevin Hennessy, Peter Sprague's bassist for many years, from Missouri to hold down the Jaco parts. Robin and her husband, Dave Blackburn, may be performing live in studio.
- Jazz 88 Playlist Archive Screenshot, May 19, 2014
Pat Launer's Center Stage
Support Jazz 88.3
while you shop at
Listen to Jazz 88.3 with our FREE